"

Thursday 7 April 2011

Race 4: super sprint, Denmark MTBO camp, 07/04/2011

The first race of the training camp and it was a super sprint, quite an interesting one as it was just 3.3km. Emily B had kindly spent the morning coaching me and it was the first time I enjoyed MTBO!


I got a little confused at the 1st control as the tarmac road was black on the map and they are normally pink. But I was in the right place and did the 1st 4 OK. Then I accidentally went to the wrong one and did the next 2 backwards! I realised my mistake and went back and did them all again in the proper order and luckily didn't get disqualified!


My last 3 controls were excellent and I kept up with some Italians, which I was really happy with. I finished down a flight of steps which was brilliant too.


We got a high five goody box :-) 6 hours to wait until the night middle race.