"

Friday 15 April 2011

Race 9: MTBO World Cup Open Elite Sprint, Tapolca Hungary

I had an amazing race compared to the training camp ones! I came 11th of 21 so pleased with that.

It was a 1:5000 map of a derelict army base, which was pretty cool. There were 28 controls in a 1/2 hour race so it was pretty full on from start to finish. No let up at all.

I didn't get lost, which I think is a first for me in MTBO. There was a control on a bridge and one under a hanger type building, the rest were hiding behind buildings and things.


The spectator control

I tried to look cool coming into the spectator control and was happy to see the GB's cheering me on! I got around the corner and then had to pause to check the map - I wasn't about to do it at the spectator control! Then it was full throttle through the last 4 controls to the end.

My amazing claim to fame today was being the fastest girl in our team to control 28 and then around the running track to the finish! Because I knew where to go by then and because I'd got around OK. Shame I can't nail them all like that hey :-)

Getting the last control