"

Monday 20 June 2011

Race 19: MTBO Middle, Rattvik, Sweden, 20/06/2011

The final race in Sweden and mine was a middle distance in the same area as yesterdays long. It was all good apart from the 3rd to last control which was a long and very complicated leg. I paused at just about every junction as I could hardly see the tracks on the map and there were about 20 junctions to get right. Talking to the others later, they said I should just go down any tracks and just use the compass to get there as there was a big 'catching feature' at the end. Then you'd just need to work out how far along you were and go in for the control. Given I took 10 mins my way and I could have done it in 5 I'd say it was good advice! Next time..

There were some parts of today where I got up to full speed, which was great. There were some sandy climbs and also I sprinted the last control and the finish. I had those worked out already though, the last control was under a ski bridge and then you got channeled to the finish.

I came 5th today, the Russian (a different one again!) beat me. Rubbish! Charlie got gold again so is double world masters champion!!!
The finish area

My route where red is stationary and green is fast..