"

Thursday 23 August 2012

Race 24: World Championships MTBO Middle, Hungary, 22/08/2012

I was confident at the start of this race because all the controls were on paths, it was like a normal race. I got a decent start too, up until number 8 I was going well. I was cycling along a track with 2 other girls, they turned left, I got very confused and all of a sudden didn't know where I was and I ended up mis punching.

I am not sure what happened because it was an easy course and I should have been fine! I couldn't think at all, probably due to too much sun, not enough food, and brain ache from all the other races! I'm very glad that we have a rest day tomorrow, can relax and recompose ready for the relay on Friday.

Didn't even compete for the green jersey run in today. It was all a bit much to be honest.

At the start:


Charlie came 2nd and Angela 4th in W50:


Richard did his 1st ever MTBO race today, he did well!