"

Sunday 8 July 2012

Race 20: MTBO Middle WRE, France, 08/07/2012

Today was great, I had a good race until I got brain fry towards the end. I went exactly where I wanted to go all the way through but some of my route choices towards the end might have been slightly sub-optimum..

It was a world ranking event so they had quarantine. I was in there for 45 mins at the start and it was raining. There was a storm in the night and it rained ever since. We had a strip of fire road about 50m long which we all went up and down a lot, trying to keep warm. I had my cap on to protect my glasses from the rain but luckily it stopped raining just as I went into the first start box, so I had sun throughout my whole race and got pretty hot!

I got off to a good start, it was very muddy in places from all the rain. I was doing well I think, then on control 14 I went down to the road and didn't spot the track off again so ended up going around the block. 15 was good, 16 I went around the long way for some strange reason. 17 was good and 18 I was 50/50 on route choice and I plumped for the wrong one. It went down quite a cool descent then up loads and there was no way I could cycle it so had to push all the way up.

The rest was fine, so I was quite pleased with my ride. Should get a few more world ranking points anyway :-)


 
My route - green = fast, red = stationary!
 

The last control