"

Monday 2 April 2012

Race 6: MTBO middle long, Denmark

Todays first race was a tour de France start middle long. It was fun because we all got our maps then followed the lead out car. It turned left and we all went right and the race started. There were people on the floor on the 2nd corner, I was quite near the back so could see where everyone went. There were groups splitting off all over the place, which was interesting as we all had the same number one. Then a load of men's elite came past the other way and it was chaos for a moment, when it cleared I found that my route choice was definitely the minority one. But my choice was made so I ploughed on and was with a scattering of 4-5 people for a while. I fell off at number 2! Had a stupid cleat moment and ended up on the floor. I kept seeing trains of elite men coming  towards me, but I only saw the odd few women's elite. I was pretty much at the back. I passed a few women's elite when they paused or messed up and then I did a couple of really silly mistakes and they were in front again. Right near the end I met John, we did 2 together and on the final straight I could see a women elite in front so I sprinted after her and she paused at a junction so I flew past her, got the last control and into the taped area where she couldn't get past. It was great but I did the most stupid things because of all the action around me!

Green is fast and red is stationary