"

Sunday 1 April 2012

Race 5: MTBO long (world ranking), Denmark

The 2nd world ranking event of the camp. It was a good one. I had an early start, 2nd out of elite women. That was great though because they trickled past and so I was never lonely! It was cold today, I was the only one in shorts and t-shirt.. It was tough going because it was all sandy near the sea, one of the tracks went along the edge of the beach and that was really hard work. My legs were pretty rubbish, but I did the course just fine and never got lost or anything. It turns out that the foot-o I did this winter has completely transformed my navigation, which is brill news. The 5 months off over winter is killing me though, very unfit! And that was more pronounced in the long race. Anyway, I managed to beat a couple of elites again today and got myself some world ranking points so very happy with my progress :-)

Green is fast and red is stopped