"

Saturday 7 May 2011

Race 12: MTBO Middle National Championships, 07/05/2011

This race was in Hanchurch woods, it was raining like crazy when we arrived, a surprise after all the nice weather we've been having. We were sat in the car for ages and didn't want to get out! Amazingly, it stopped and when I set off the sun even came out. It made it really steamy.

I went on lots of single track, lovely trails, jumps and a downhill course, really nice riding. My navigation is getting better too I think. I made only one mistake which cost me probably 2 mins, where I got the wrong turning and went to number 8 instead of number 4. I found I couldn't pedal fast enough either - that's new for MTBO!

I was out for 1 hr 7 mins, I came 3rd in my class behind Emily Benham and Helen Clayton, so happy with that :-)