"

Friday 29 June 2012

Race 17: Bearded Man XC time trial, 31/06/2012

The Bearded Man is a 3 day MTB race that Saddle Skedaddle sponsor. We did the event last year too but this year it's double the size so it's doing well.

It was a 4.5 hour drive to South Wales with traffic and when we (Gill Crane and I) arrived we were about last out of everyone to do the time trial. So after a very quick cup of tea we whipped the bikes out and went over to the start.

It was pretty much the same course as last year, 2 laps of a long climb then through the trees and a descent back. It was a whole lot muddier this year though, so much so that we opted to run a couple of bits.

I was on my brand new 29er Anthem. We only built it yesterday, so now it's all muddy, which is a nuisance! It seemed pretty fast. I wondered if I'd have trouble in the woods section with the length of it but it was fine. I can't wait until tomorrow to give it a proper testing!

AnthemX29