"

Monday 19 March 2012

Race 2: MTBO, Rawnsley Hill, 18/03/2012

The second race of the year, I have been on a roadie training camp since the first race but I was as slow as a snail still! This race had lots and lots of short sharp climbs and descents, often loose or sandy, my kind of terrain really but on the longer climbs I just couldn't get my legs going. I kept catching myself slacking and had to keep reminding myself that it was supposed to be a race.

I didn't get lost again, which was very nice, there were a couple of times where I got on the wrong track but I knew straight away so that's a great improvement on last year. I had a dilemma from 4 to 5 because I couldn't see the contours to see which way around to go, think I chose the best way? 6 to 7 I was on the wrong path and I knew it so I scrambled up a bank to get to the correct path. 10 - 11 I couldn't decide at all which way to go, I took the longer but hopefully flatter route.. Ooh to number 15 was interesting as I turned too early and walked/climbed up a track which turned out to be a little alleyway in the trees (the long red bit on the map!), that must have been a costly error. All the rest was good, just need a fast forward button now :-)

The track is on the maps, red is slow and green is fast...

Map 1
Map 2